Sunday, August 25, 2013

ALLE GENZIANE, FARM HOLIDAY

LINK
MAP

Since I was a young girl, the passion for animals brought me, not without sacrifice, to breed them: pigs, rabbits and boars. It was not enough to provide a permanent income for me and my family.
This situation moved me forward to invest in an old dream of mine:  to became a cook and create an agriturismo in an old alpine hut, in the territory I live.
We renovated the place and we opened our outlet, where we sell our self-made charcuterie.
We rode over a plenty of difficulties. We had to find alternatives ways to have water, electricity and heat.
We have underground tanks to contain the water we need, to supply the absence of a town aqueduct.
Then we bought an Austrian-wood boiler to get the hot water we need to stroke the radiators in our guest rooms and we also built a little fireplace in the dining room.
Thanks to the national electric utility company, that connected us to the electrical grid of the near village we have now access at electric current.
My son prepares delicious charcuterie with meat of our pork and boars. My daughter helps me in the kitchen and is also responsible of greetings our guests, that decide to taste our dishes and want to relax and rest in this beautiful place.
What I wish for me and my family is to see in the future our activity grow up, in respect of the values that distinguish me: coherence, sincerity and honesty.



1 comment: